Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 3: Yummy Mexican grub for my tummy

Zac had gone parasailing with Tom and Danielle earlier in the day and had been smart enough to ask the sailing crew where the best place to eat was.  The answer?  Baja Cantina.  

I know, I know.  I too was a little leery about eating the food and drinking the water on the shores of Mexico, but I'm sure glad that I took a chance.  This was, hands down, the best food we ate the whole entire trip.  I wish that we could have eaten there 5 more times before we left.  Honestly it's the best Mexican food I've ever tasted, ever!  (And if you know me, you know we eat tons of Mexican food.  I think we've been to almost every Mexican restaurant on the island...lol.)

Baja Cantina, where meals become fond memories.

We wanted to try a little of everything, so we opted for the combination plate and a couple of margaritas.  (You can't fully enjoy a Mexican meal without a margarita!)  They even gave us a bowl of tortilla soup as an appetizer. 

MEXICAN COMBINATION PLATE
Chile relleno, cheese enchilada, chicken tostada,
carne asada, served with rice, beans and guacamole.

Everything was delicious!  All hand-made from scratch.  You'd think they had grandma in the back serving up the dishes.  Even the margaritas were made with freshly squeezed lime juice.

My tummy was in food-loving heaven.

We totally cleaned the plate.  I don't even think they had to wash it, it was so clean.  If we weren't so full we'd have probably ordered another plate and scarfed that down too!  That's how good it was!

My advice, if you make it out to Cabo, skip Cabo Wabo and park your little behind at the bar at Baja Cantina.  You could get a table, but if you sit at the bar it's happy hour all day long!  Oh baby!  (Just a little insider information for you all because I love you so much.)

Once our meal was finished we happily paid our check and were on our merry way back aboard the boat.
They gave me pesos for change.  This comes out to roughly $13 change.
Zac and I in line to get on the tender boat for a ride back to the ship.  A couple of margaritas makes waiting in line much, much less painful.
Goodbye Cabo.  We'll be back again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment