Monday, May 24, 2010

Mother's Day Shadow Boxes

I know that I am about a month late posting these, but in my defense they were all completed on time and were all gifts...some to people that read my blog.  So you see I couldn't post it until after Mother's Day anyways or else I would have ruined the surprise.  But you're right I'm still late at posting them...lol.  Sue me.

I made shadow boxes of all the kids at my Mom's daycare for each of their mommies.  They turned out super cute!  Of course all the moms loved them...because who can resist a picture of their baby?


*Mini confession: I must confess that mixed media pieces will always have a special place in my heart.  I love paper just by itself, but I think that it really comes alive when you add other types of materials.  (Speaking of mixed media art, Shawn Ardoin is an awesome mixed media artist.  His pieces speak to me.  Love his color and material choices!  One day one of his mixed media pieces will be mine!  Oh yes, it will be mine.)  Okay that's enough of that...I can't let you know all my secrets.

I tried to play on the interest of each kid, which is why each box is different.  They each have their own little personalities and they don't let you forget it!  Enjoy and I hope that this inspires you to make your own mixed media shadow box.  Don't forget to think outside of the box! :)

5 comments:

  1. Those are so cool. I want you to make some for my kids!! hehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea!! I know the Mom's will treasure these.
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these beautiful shadow boxes!! Something that the mom's will treasure of their sweet babies! Awesome job Becky!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Teri! While I was making them, I kept thinking of the shadow box that you did for Nolan all those years back...you know, when he was really into legos. Man have times changed, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete