Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween Weekend 2010

You all know that I've been planning and preparing for Halloween all month long...maybe even a little longer than that with the fitness goals.  I was so excited.  I was looking good, had my costume all planned out.  Basically Cinderella on her way to the ball at that point.  Then the unthinkable happened.  My husband got sick.  Junk, junkie, junkness.  I know it's not his fault that he got sick and he felt really, really, I mean REALLY bad about it, but it still kind of put a damper on my Halloweenie-ness.

Not too much of a damper though because I still went out without him.  Hey, I had made plans already.  We were committed!  I left him home with a few cans of soup and a can opener.  He was sick, but not sick enough not to be able to work the microwave.  He's a big boy.  Plus, I think that he would have felt worse if I stayed home with him after working so hard on putting together my costume.  So I went out for him.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it...lol.

A few friends and I met up at Ocean Club on Friday for a costume party.  We had fun, danced a bit, drank a little, and then like old people we dug out by 1am...lol.  It was a Friday!  I worked all day before that...I know, for shame. 

Okay so it's time for the costume unveiling...

L to R: Adam (Don Draper, from Mad Men), Jenna (Marilyn Monroe), and Me (Cancan dancer).  A photographer at the club took this one.  Thanks "La Cutie"!  It's a cute picture of all of us.  I might just have to print this one out. 
 Here's one of Adam and Jenna that I took with my phone, so excuse the bad quality.  Don't they look so cute together?  (I kind of missed my husband at this point.)  They're our married friends.  Isn't it strange how after you get married you refer to your friends as either married or single?
We saw an old high school buddy, Marques.  He's Clark Kent.  He also frequents the gym.  You can't really tell by this picture, but he looked super buff in that well fitted Superman tee...lol.
Rhandi (the Greek Goddess on the left) is also a high school buddy.  She invited us out to the club that night.  I think that it was her friend Kristen's birthday that night.  Kristen is the cop on the right.  Thanks for getting us in with no cover Kristen!

Speaking of cops...I think the costume for Halloween 2010 was sexy lady cop.  There were like a million of them at the club that night!
Rhandi and I.  Again taken with my phone, so sorry about the quality.  You can see my skirt.  I sewed that!  I even tied all the bows.  My mother was so proud, mostly because she didn't have to sew it for me...lol.
I was given a special request to show the shoes that I was wearing.  (Hi Pharris and Aunty Wyn!)  These are by Paris Hilton.  I know!  Who knew that the girl had some taste?  Black satin pumps, with hot pink soles, and rhinestone studded spike heels.  How could I say no to those?!?  Probably, I and every tranny showgirl have them...lol.  Just a joke, but seriously...  
(Yes, those are my legs.  This photo was taken by Joanne Barrett from Island Style Images.  I did a photo shoot with her earlier this year.  She's located out in the North Shore and totally rocks!  Check her out for your next family photo session.  You won't be disappointed!)

On Saturday morning, Jenna and I went to a Zumba-thon put on by Kulia at Maunawili Elementary School.

Here we all are after the two hour Zumba-thon.  I really need to start taking pictures before exercising.  I, well I guess we all, would have looked a lot better if I had done that...lol.  Oops.

Kulia teaches the best Zumba class in Kailua.  I daresay the best on the island.  She's a super fun girl with a great personality that totally shines through to her teaching.  I always have a good time at her classes.  She's there at the elementary on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:15pm-7:15pm.  Class is $5 at the door.  Zumba, zumba!

On Sunday we had a first birthday party to attend to for Carly fries.  My husband was still sick, so I was the family representative...lol.  Being a Halloween baby, she of course had a costume party.  I reworked my costume to make it kid party appropriate and ended up being a punk rock ballerina.

Happy 1st birthday Carly fries!  Hopefully you like cake a little more next year...lol.

All in all, a full weekend indeed.  And wouldn't you know my husband was all better on Monday.  Such is life. huh?

Hope you all had a fun and safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment