Thursday, October 28, 2010

Go, go! Fight, fight! Jee I hope I look alright...

Last night I decided to do the 24 Lift group class (Weights with a ton of leg and arm exercises.  Good for the soul really...lol.).  I've done it a few times before and really liked it, but last night was the best class ever.

Why was it so good you ask?  Who wants to exercise, let alone with weights?

What made it the best class ever wasn't the instructor or the fact that I can lift about two times as much as I used to lift, but that my trainer, Cheynah, made it a point to get my attention during class to say hi and tell me how good I looked doing it.  She was pretty much banging on the window to get my attention.  (Hey, I'm in the zone when I'm at the gym.  Come to think of it I'm in the zone regardless of where I am.  If you see me on the street and I don't say hi, please don't be offended.  It's most likely that I didn't see you because I'm focused on where I'm going or what I'm doing.  Either that or I see you and don't want to say hi...you'll never really know will you.  Nah, just kidding!)  Think Ben in 'The Graduate' during the church scene..."Elaine!  Elaine!".

For those of you who don't know 'The Graduate' (For shame!  Rent it now!  Go on, put it in your Netflix queue.  I'll wait...), here's the scene:

She finally got my attention (probably after a good 5 minutes or so), waved hello, flashed me a smile and a thumbs up and mouthed "You look good!"

I think that I am the only person at the gym that has a cheering squad while taking a group class...lol.  Thanks Cheynah!  I love you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment