Monday, January 3, 2011 we come!

I hope that this post finds all of you in blogland safe and sound.  We've survived another holiday season people!  A miracle has happened, indeed!

So what did you do to ring in the new year?  I'm dying to know, probably just about as much as you are dying to know what I leave me a comment will ya?  Lol...hint, hint...sorry I couldn't help myself. :)

Well, I won't keep you in suspense any longer.  I'm sure that you were checking my blog all weekend long to hear from me, seeing as how I've collected almost 3,000 site hits.  (Thanks peeps!  "You love me.  You really love me!"  Sorry I was MIA.  Hey, I'm a busy lady.  Gathering all this grade A, top choice writing material takes  Believe it or not, I spent the morning part of my New Years Eve at the gym.  Boring!  No, not really.  Wait for it...pause for dramatic husband went with me.  Yes, I got the man to wake up on a day off and go to the gym with me!  Shocking, isn't it?  Miracles were happening!

He hates to exercise.  I mean HATES it.  So I was kind of surprised that he went with me.

Well, in his defense I did ask him to go like 10 times before he said yes.  It went something like this:
Me: "You will go to the gym, yes?"  
Him: "No."
Me: "You want to, yes?  It will be fun!"  
Him: "No."
Me: "Gym, yes?"
Him: "Will you stop bothering me if I say yes?"
Me: "Possibly."
Him: "Then yes."
Me: "Yay!"  

See we're a match made in heaven!

For his first time at the gym he did really well.  (I expected a lot more complaining...though I was kind of expecting his first time at the gym to be like mine where I whined the whole time and randomly yelled out "Why?!?  Why do I hate myself so much as to subject myself to this exercise hell?  Wwhhhhhyyyyyy?!?".  I'm just kidding.  I'm not that dramatic!)  He got through most of my workout routine, which is pretty hard now that I've been training with Cheynah for awhile.  So he gets a gold star in my book.  Good job darling!

Did I mention that he still agreed to go to the gym with me even after jogging with me a few nights before?  Well, he really jogged after me.  Let me explain.  We went walking in Maunawili with a few friends and I decided to jog.  I figured I would jog until I needed a break, let them catch up with me, and then start jogging again.  (I'm not going to force everyone to jog.  I'm not that much of a bossy  Near our house there's a mile long loop, with a super kick ass hill that starts the mile track.  I figured we'd do 3 laps around.  3 miles isn't that much, right?  Hehe...okay it's a little much.  I saw everyone getting that "I'm so over this." look on their faces by the second time around.  So I figured that I would jog as fast as I could and try to lap them on my 3rd lap, therefore leaving them only to finish off their 2nd lap rather than a 3rd.  If I could have jogged a little faster this would have worked, but unfortunately I'm not as fast as I would like to be...or maybe than I thought I  Unbeknownst to me, our two friends went home after they finished their 2nd lap, I was probably in the middle of my 3rd lap at that point, which left my husband looking for me.  He figured that I would be right around the corner, so he started jogging to catch up with me.  He jogged and jogged and jogged.  I was almost at the end of my 3rd lap when I heard pounding footsteps behind me and a familiar voice yelling "Stop jogging!  Stop right now!"  I stopped and we walked the rest of the way home.  I congratulated him on jogging pretty much a 6 minute mile, up hill.  He said "Yeah I was running pretty fast.  I'm sure that if you were jogging behind me, you would have seen flames.  That's how fast I was going."  Lol...that's why I married him.  He never fails to make me laugh.  Plus, he's pretty darn handsome too.

Getting back to New Years Eve... (Sorry for the side track, but I couldn't leave that out.  It was too funny not to mention.)

After the gym we hung out at home and rested.  Well, he rested and frequently shot me a glance that read "Woman, you are trying to kill me." as he hobbled around the house because his "muscles are sore".  (That was also the excuse for the many massages that I had to give over the weekend, since it was my fault that he was in pain because I physically dragged him to the gym at gun mention whatsoever that his muscles are weak from lack of exercise and excess of video game playing over the past few  He did hurt his shoulder a few months ago and wasn't really able to exercise, so it's not entirely his fault.  But I'm taking it upon myself to get him back out there.  Not exercising isn't helping his shoulder to get any stronger, now is it?  I wouldn't be a good wife if I didn't push him to be his very best.)

Once he was all rested and had stopped glaring at me (Okay, I gave him a Red Bull!  I admit it...feeding the addiction.  I know, I know!), we headed out for a night of food, fireworks, and fun with family and friends.

Party number one, Hawaiian food at Aunty Sonya's house.  Yum, yum!  Thanks Aunty Sonya and family for the ono grinds and good laughs.  It's always a fun New Years at your house.

Party number two, appetizers and dessert at Adam and Jenna's house.  Okay so there may have been a jello shot or two and a glass of wine in there as well.  (The jello shots were crazy!  Adam hallowed out a lemon and filled the peel with jello.  Then he sliced them to look like lemon wedges.  They were a work of art!  I almost didn't want to eat them.)  All were delicious, especially the spinach and artichoke dip!  It was an intimate party, but I wouldn't have had it any other way!

2011, I'm ready to tackle you head on.  I can't wait to see what adventures you have in store.  Here's to friends, family, and fun in the new year ahead.  Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment