Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pier 39

Along our walk from the Ferry Building to Pier 39 we ran across this sign....
"We make CHOCOLATE from scratch. Right here." 

Really?  Right there?  Out in the open in front of a busy street?  That just seems unsanitary to me...lol.  No, we didn't go in and buy any of the chocolate made right there.  I don't think that I would have been able to eat it after all the jokes that we made about the sign.

After a good 15 minutes of walking, we finally made it to Pier 39.  Ta-dah!

They had everything from sea lions to gift shops.  What?!?  There's a place to shop and eat all while being assaulted by the smell fish?  Count me in...lol.  Okay so the fish smell wasn't too bad, as long as you weren't standing right next to where the sea lions live.  All in all, two thumbs up.  Fine family fun!

This is only like a quarter of the resident sea lions.  Mmmm...gotta love the smell of fish in the morning!
Candy!  It makes the world a better place.
This is me modeling the crab hat found in the store 'Who you calling a crab?', which ironically has a lobster mascot that greets you at the door.  Did I buy it?  Heck no!  Where am I ever going to wear that hat again?  No where, that's where.  Did the cashier give me a dirty look for taking a picture with it on and not making a purchase?  Probably, but I'm on vacation and everyone knows that when you are on vacation you get to do whatever you want.
Me pretending to be a crab.  Hey, at least the cashier got a laugh out of the situation.  Like I've said before, I aim to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment