Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I hopped on the plane at LAX with a dream and a cardagain...

This is what we saw while driving to the airport.  Fog, fog, fog...and the Golden Gate Bridge, of course.  We did manage to get lost driving to the airport...more times than I would like to mention.  Okay, it was my fault!  But I blame the GPS.  It didn't give me enough time to say, "Turn here, right now!"  We arrived on time to the airport; both frustrated and tired.  Needless to say we didn't take any more photos that day.  We were both glad to be heading home after our week of fabulous adventures.

BUT let's not forget how we started the vacation off (Since I forgot to post these pictures first, but we'll ignore that little slip up)...

Here we are at the Honolulu International Airport for our 10pm flight.  How can you be sure that you'll have a great flight? 

1.) Find good reading material.
This week on 'How the hell is this a magazine?', we bring you Obamaland...lol.  This is seriously a magazine option at HNL airport.  No, I didn't buy a copy!

2.) Physically and mentally prepare yourself to fall asleep during the flight.  How can you be sure that you'll fall asleep?  Why you have a drink and a yummy empty calorie filled meal before take-off, that's how!  Fool proof method to a restful flight.

Here's me at Dewar's Clubhouse restaurant.
I thought that it would be a good idea to order a couple of Old Fashioneds since Dewar's is known for bourbon.
Turns out that they are horrible...lol.  Lesson learned: I don't like bourbon.
But I put my big girl face on and drank what I ordered.
Our oh so healthy pre-flight meal.  Hot wings and onion rings, baby!  Nothing like starting a vacation off right.

3.) Pack good snacks.  I suggest homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Pack enough to share with people around you, that way you can make friends.  If you can't sleep, at least you will have new friends to chat up for the next 5 hours.

Here's to an unforgettable vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment