Wednesday, March 9, 2011

30 days of photos: Day 29

Day 29: A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

Time for a confession.  I have a weakness...for purses. 

It started some time ago when I was in college.  My husband bought me a designer handbag and it's been downhill ever since.  Now, I collect them, carefully packaging each one to protect them from the elements, thinking that I will one day use them again.  Have I?  No, I have not.

My husband suggested that I sell them.  Sell them?!?  How could I!?  They are little pieces of me!  Each purse single-handedly expressed my personality and soul at the time that I carried them.  Get rid of them?!?  For shame!

Then he said, "Sell them and you'll have room for new ones."  Okay, so he really didn't say that.  I think he said something like "Yeah, just get rid of them.  They are taking up too much space." or something equally silly and man-ish.  But that's what I heard and I'm sticking to it!

The life of Arielle, via purses:

Banana Republic Ivory with pink roses Satin handbag.  Black bamboo handle with a snap closure similar to a coin purse.  Very vintage chic.

Coach fabric and leather shoulder bag in light pink 'C logo' print.  Magnetic closure.  It's on the smaller side.  Good for the girl on the run who doesn't want to be weighed down by a large purse.

Dooney and Bourke fabric and leather shoulder bag in light pink bubble pattern.  Very flirty and fun.

Coach coral-ish red leather shoulder bag.  Slouchy, fun everyday bag.  Bonus: Coral is supposed to be the 'in' color this Spring!

Michael Kors magenta lambskin shoulder bag.  Honestly, this is the heart breaker.  I love this bag so much, but I'd rather see it used than stored away.  It's that cute!

Though it breaks my heart to see them go, I promise to use the money gained from them to fill the void with new purses.  Make me an offer!

*All of the handbags pictured were gently used, but were indeed used, so please do not think that you are getting a brand spanking new handbag.  If you would like more detailed pictures of specific purses, just give me a holler.  Thanks and happy shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Update: The coral Coach purse and the magenta MK have been sold.

    ReplyDelete