Monday, January 9, 2012

2012: Not the end, it's just the beginning!

Happy New Year friends and bloggies!  It's 2012 and I think it's going to be a big year for me.  Why?  I'm not sure, but there's just something in the air that has me thinking that a change for the good is right around the corner.  Call it a woman's intuition or a connection to the universe around me, but it's something big.  I can feel it!

Keeping with tradition (started last year...maybe not quite a tradition, but hey, traditions have to start somewhere, right?), here are my 2012 new year's resolutions/goals.

2012 Goals
  1. Blog more.  I know I said this one last year and only stuck with it in the beginning of the year (Jee, thanks for noticing.  You sticklers...lol.), but I'm going to try to be more faithful to it.  I'm setting the bar high again.  Blog at least 3 times a week.  You may get three one word blog posts every now and then, but that's a risk I'm willing to take...lol.
  2. Exercise regularly.  As you all know, I'm a beast in the gym...lol.  Not really, but I do head in regularly.  Now it's all about keeping with the schedule.  No more excuses.  No more "I'm tired today, so I'll skip." or "I'm going to go shopping.  Shopping is just like exercise, right?".  It's not acceptable.  If I want my fitness goals to become a reality I have to put my schedule where my mouth is...or something like that.  You know what I mean!
  3. Run more.  Finally run my butt all the way around the lake with no breaks.  Damn you mental blocks!  I'm not really tired, I just psych myself out.
  4. Read more and watch TV less.  I don't watch that much TV, but I know that I watch way more than I should.  Please don't tell my husband this goal.  I already get in trouble for the amount of books I leave around the house.  Yes, there are five books with book markers in them that I have left in various places around our house.  Yes, I am reading them.  Yes, all of them.  Yes, at the same time.  Why doesn't he understand that?  Lol...
  5. Learn a new language.  Also one from last year.  Still working on learning Italian.  Anyone know a good language tutor on O'ahu?
  6. Be less clumsy.  If there is something to fall off of or get hurt by, like a low lying table or an uneven sidewalk, I'll find it.  What?  Normal people don't accidentally slam their finger in their front door, while carrying a heavy box?  No, just me?  D'oh!
  7. Be more confident in my abilities.  I am woman hear me roar.  I can do anything, I just need to step out of my own way.
  8. Invest in things that I am interested in.  Whether it be mentally, physically, or monetarily, I'm going to spend 2012 doing the things that I love!
I hope that my goals inspire you to write down your own.  I'd love to hear your goals as well; I can always use a little inspiration myself.  Cheers to the new year and the wonderfulness that it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment