Thursday, January 19, 2012

Birthday, birthday, birthday!

*So I know that this post is only like 3 months late, but better late than never, right?

This year I turned 27.  As my mother keeps reminding me, "Only 3 more years until you're 30.  Then you'll really be old."  Thank you Mom for always keeping it real...lol.

Leading up to 'B-Day', I went through the various stages that each passing birthday brings; the shock of another year going by so quickly, the realization that I am yet another year closer to the 'dreaded 30', the reflection of past years, the wonder of what the next year will bring, the excitement for what presents I may or may not be receiving.   After this lengthy thought process, I decided that 27 was going to be my year for fun and self-discovery.  What better way to kick start the year than with a party?

I am totally in love with Prima, a new Italian restaurant in Kailua.  So of course I had to have my party there!  Everything you eat there is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  Their pizza is pure perfection.  That chewy crust.  The freshly pulled mozzarella cheese.  The simplistic pizza sauce that lets the toppings be the star.  Their pizza is like an orgasm for your taste buds.  Yum.  Yum.  YUM!  (I really need to work there so that I can find out how they make their pizza crust.  It is crave worthy!)

Since it was my birthday, but mostly since I made reservations for a party of 13, I got to work with the chef to design a special birthday menu.  (Okay so it was totally because we had a big party and not at all because it was my birthday...a girl can dream can't she?)


Arielle's Birthday Menu

Appetizers
Fennel Penna Cotta
Beets and Taleggio Cheese
Crudo Ahi

Main Dishes
Veal Sweet Breads
Steak with Fingerling Potatoes
Sopressatta pizza
Prosciutto and Arugula pizza

Dessert
Torrone alla Banana

Everything was delicious!  If you haven't eaten there yet, make a reservation right now.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.  Did you make a reservation?  Good.  We can still be friends.

Only downside, I was too busy eating to remember to take pictures of the food.  I know, sad Christmas.  However, I did remember to take a few shots of the people who came to the party.  Sorry in advance for the blurry photos.  It was a combination of wine and bad lighting that caused the bluriness...lol.

 The group on the left hand table. L to R: La'akea, Jordan, Storm, Danielle, Tom, Adam, and Jenna. 
 The group on the right hand table.  L to R: Cheynah, Brandi, Chelsea, Nate, Jordan (Yes, there were two Jordans.), and me.
Cheynah and I.  Without her fitness know-how to help to whip me into shape, I would never be able to afford to eat all this delicious food.
 The faces in these two pictures were too priceless to not post.
 I also really love this picture, but am not sure what Tom was doing...lol.

Thanks to all who helped me celebrate, whether in person or with well wishes!  All your love is truly a blessing.  27 is going to be the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment