Keeping with tradition (started last year...maybe not quite a tradition, but hey, traditions have to start somewhere, right?), here are my 2012 new year's resolutions/goals.
2012 Goals
- Blog more. I know I said this one last year and only stuck with it in the beginning of the year (Jee, thanks for noticing. You sticklers...lol.), but I'm going to try to be more faithful to it. I'm setting the bar high again. Blog at least 3 times a week. You may get three one word blog posts every now and then, but that's a risk I'm willing to take...lol.
- Exercise regularly. As you all know, I'm a beast in the gym...lol. Not really, but I do head in regularly. Now it's all about keeping with the schedule. No more excuses. No more "I'm tired today, so I'll skip." or "I'm going to go shopping. Shopping is just like exercise, right?". It's not acceptable. If I want my fitness goals to become a reality I have to put my schedule where my mouth is...or something like that. You know what I mean!
- Run more. Finally run my butt all the way around the lake with no breaks. Damn you mental blocks! I'm not really tired, I just psych myself out.
- Read more and watch TV less. I don't watch that much TV, but I know that I watch way more than I should. Please don't tell my husband this goal. I already get in trouble for the amount of books I leave around the house. Yes, there are five books with book markers in them that I have left in various places around our house. Yes, I am reading them. Yes, all of them. Yes, at the same time. Why doesn't he understand that? Lol...
- Learn a new language. Also one from last year. Still working on learning Italian. Anyone know a good language tutor on O'ahu?
- Be less clumsy. If there is something to fall off of or get hurt by, like a low lying table or an uneven sidewalk, I'll find it. What? Normal people don't accidentally slam their finger in their front door, while carrying a heavy box? No, just me? D'oh!
- Be more confident in my abilities. I am woman hear me roar. I can do anything, I just need to step out of my own way.
- Invest in things that I am interested in. Whether it be mentally, physically, or monetarily, I'm going to spend 2012 doing the things that I love!
The mix of dark fantasy and couture in this Halloween fashion inspiration feels so distinctive. I especially like the idea of taking inspiration from statement accessories and dramatic styling rather than relying on a traditional costume. It also makes me think of how creative jack o' lantern costumes ideas can become when classic Halloween imagery is given a more fashion-forward twist.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading this thoughtful post about embracing new beginnings and looking forward with optimism. Fashion can also reflect that fresh-start mindset, especially with timeless pieces like an aviator jacket mens brown. Its classic design adds confidence and character while keeping your style practical, making it a great choice for a new chapter.
ReplyDelete