Monday, April 19, 2010

Can she build it?!? Yes, she can!

This, my friends, is my masterpiece!  It is my castle!  I poured my blood, sweat, and tears into building it.  And when I was done there was no applause; no gasp of astonishment at the shear beauty that it exudes.  Only silence and then the question, "Can I knock it down?"  (Can you believe that?  Ludicrous.  That's what that is.)  My reply was, "Can you knock it down!?!  Yeah, I guess so, but let me get a picture of it first."   As soon as the picture was taken, my nephew's face took on a Godzilla-like appearance.  He let out a squeal and charged right into my castle.  All the blocks came tumbling down.  Then he said, "Can you build another one?"  No one appreciates good art any more.  Especially not six year olds... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment