Monday, April 5, 2010

Here's the Easter Rabbit, Hooray!

"Gooses, geeses!  I want my geese to lay golden eggs for Easter!"- Veruca from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

 
So these eggs aren't exactly golden, but they are pretty darn cute!  My Mom loves to color Easter eggs, so each year she, my husband, and I color at least a dozen.  It's mostly my Mom and I coloring because my hubby takes forever to color each egg.  (See the one with all the little yellow lines and the one with the teal triangles?  Yup, those are his...see why it takes him so long?)  We colored for a total of 2 hours and my husband only colored 3 eggs!

Why are the eggs so shiny, you ask?  Let me tell you why...lol.  My Mom decided that she likes the eggs when they first come out of the dye and they are all shiny and bright.  She brainstormed and came up with the idea of rubbing them with a drop of canola oil to keep them shiny...lol.  Does it really work, you ask?  The answer is yes and no.  Yes, it is shiny while in the box when it is first done.  No, it does not stay shiny because the cardboard box absorbs the oil as it sits in the refrigerator...lol.  Needless to say, she was very happy with the results for the time being.  Plus it was funny to see people's faces when they saw the shiny eggs...the general response was "Oooh nice eggs...hey wait, why are they so shiny?".

Another Easter memory...lol. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment