Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Art, art everywhere!

This, my friends, is the entrance to the SFmoma.  I'm sure that there was an elevator somewhere, but we walked all five flights of stairs while we were there.  My husband made an extremely sad face when he saw all the stairs we were going to have to climb.  So we had to have lunch at the museum cafe first...lol. 


Lunch face series

The art was fantastic!  Right now they are featuring an exhibit called "Calder to Warhol: Introducing the Fisher Collection".  I heart Andy Warhol.  So when I saw the sign saying that was the exhibit I nearly fainted.  (Double hubby points.  One for taking me to the museum and two for being so lucky that this was the exhibit...lol.)

 Warhol, he's just that good.

*Side note:  Back in Hawaii, I dragged my husband to the Honolulu Academy of Art when they were having their Art After Dark Warhol exhibit.  We waited in line for almost an hour to get in.  Once inside, we pretty much ran to see the exhibit, since they closed in an hour.   I hate to say it, but I was disappointed with the Warhol selection that they had.  There was maybe one slightly known Warhol painting featured there.  I wanted to see the Campbell's Soup Can or something that totally encompassed pop art culture, but alas there were none to be found.  Oh well, such is life right?

This was our tour through the museum...

It's a neck tie.  Dilbert, anyone?

 I can't believe that I ate the whole thing!
"Bueller, Bueller?"  My husband's ode to 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off'. 
Look, I'm blending!
Which way to Lombard Street?
Aaaahhhh!  The spiders from Maunawili followed me to San Francisco!
This is probably to coolest thing that I have ever seen.  It was a bunch of sticks welded together that forms a man when you look at it from far away.
We found Waldo!
Nothing says Modern Art like a florescent light bulb sculpture.
This was the roof of the building.  Even that looked like modern art!

Tickets to the museum: $35
Lunch at the museum cafe: $25
Spending two hours in complete and utter art filled bliss: Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment