Thursday, July 29, 2010

Luce: Scrumptious Food Served with an Artistic Flair

One of the many perks of staying at the Intercontinental Hotel is their fabulous in house restaurant, Luce.  Ahhh Luce...great wine, great service, and food that was both delicious and beautiful.  What more could a girl ask for?

The server started us off with a foie gras (in English, duck liver, which makes it sound totally less appealing) amuse-bouche.  What does foie gras taste like, you ask?  Good question.  I would liken it to butter.  A really rich silky smooth butter.  This particular foie gras was slightly sweet and savory at the same time, mainly due to it's accompaniments.  A great way to start off a meal and get your palate roaring to go.  (Sorry no photo.  I thought of taking it after I had eaten the whole bite.  Go figure!)

Time for the main course!

La'akea had the lamb, of course.

“12 Hours” Lamb Belly, Lamb Loin, Sweet Potato, Sicilian Pistachio and “Pillow,” Baby Turnips

I had the squab.  (No, I'm not going to tell you exactly what squab is.  You can look it up yourself or be adventurous by trying it first and then looking it up.  It's good!  I promise.  Would I lie to you?  Maybe...but not this time.  When squab is done right it is fabulous.)
Beck Birds Farms Squab, Pear, Chanterelles, Vanilla-Port and Brioche “Veloute”

Now for the best part...dessert!  We shared it, but when it came I secretly wished that we both ordered our own.  With a glass of red wine, it was heaven.

"Chocolate": Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Soil, Chocolate “Dehydrated”, Chocolate “Ice”, Basil and Mint

The hubby started off the meals so great that I couldn't wait see where the next meal would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment