Friday, February 18, 2011

30 days of photos: Day 10

Day 10: A picture exposing your shelf

(No I'm not exposing myself on the internet.  At least not for free!  Lol...just kidding.) 

This is my favorite shelf in my house.  I think that it sums up our collective personality well.  It just feels so Arielle and La'akea, if you know what I mean.

I know that you are dying for a closer look.  So here's your chance.

The top shelf.  Yes, that is an empty picture frame.  I loved it and bought it some time ago.  I thought that I would put a wedding photo in there one day, but never really got around to it.  I thought about taking it out of the shot, but then it just wouldn't be a realistic view of my everyday life.  I just couldn't do that to you all.  This is Arielle Unplugged.
The second shelf.  This is, by far, my favorite of all the shelves.  I love the scattered books and knick-knacks.  I love the picture of La'akea and I laughing.  (That's one of my favorite pictures of us together.)  I love the silver piggy bank that doesn't fit anything larger than a nickle in it.  (My Mom brought it back from Canada.  I guess they don't have money the size of quarters there.)  I smile every time I look at this shelf.
The third and fourth selves.  I think that they need some re-working, but all-in-all still cute.  The fourth shelf has my cookbooks on it.  Yes, those giant binders are my homemade cookbooks.  They are a compilation of all the recipes that my Mom and I have tried and collected over the years.  I think I currently have almost 200 recipes in those binders.  I know, I know.  I'm a psycho, but when I need a recipe I know exactly where it is! 

Happy Fabulous Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment