Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WIDTW: Par-tay!

There's always that one weekend where you hop from party to party and then feel like you need another weekend just to recover.  Well this was that kind of weekend.

On Friday night we celebrated my nephew's birthday at 808 Bounce in Windward Mall.  (Happy Birthday Keola!)  Kids running wildly from bounce house to bounce house...let's just say I'm glad that I don't work there.   The kids had a great time though...lol.

After singing Happy Birthday to my nephew we headed out to my friend Nate's birthday party in Kailua.  (He came to my birthday party, so I definitely couldn't miss out on his shindig!  Plus I baked the cake.  It's just not a birthday party without cake!)  His party was so much fun, mostly because I got to hang out with people from high school that I haven't seen since we graduated all those many years ago.  (Ack, my 10 year reunion is coming up next year...ugh, why am I so old?)

Here's the birthday boy enjoying some spicy ahi.  Only in Hawaii will people chow down on raw fish.
Me and La'akea.  See you can see my cupcakes in the background!  Yellow cake filled with chocolate custard and topped with whipped cream to order.  I must admit, they were pretty yummy.
Chelsea and Charlemagne.  These ladies are awesome! 
Mr. and Mrs. Abe.  I babysit their little girl Bryn.  She's such a little bundle of joy!  They are the coolest, most laid-back parents ever!
Oh yeah...I brought the big guns with me.  Told you I've been working out like crazy!
Nate and Char.
Nate, Alisha, and Char.
I think that this one is my favorite...lol.
I like this one!  I think I may have to print it.
(I just realized that we were totally matching.  I promise we got ready separately! Unfortunately, this happens all the time.  Must be that we've been together too long...or that I buy all the clothes for both of us...lol.)
Group shot!
It's a little blurry, but I really like this one.  No one is really paying attention, which is kind of how we normally are...hehe.

Happy Birthday Nate!  You're the kindest, most caring person that I know.  Don't change for anyone!

I used Saturday to rest.  I seriously slept until like 3 in the afternoon and wasted the rest of the day away catching up on movies that I wanted to watch.  Awful, I know!  (I wish that I could sleep that long everyday!)

Then Sunday was Superbowl Sunday.  We hung out with my brother and his friends.  It was fun, though watching football, or any sport for that matter, makes me want to gouge my eyes out.  All was saved by the food and beer. 

The Superbowl of Food...
Main Dish: Angus burgers with all the fixings, Spring Rolls, and homemade sweetbread 'pig-in-the-blanket's.  (I'm not usually a hot dog fan, but those are awesome!  Next time I or my Mom makes them, I'll do a step-by-step tutorial.  They go fast at parties, so be sure to bring a lot!)

Dessert: Mochi.  (Little known fact about me...I love mochi!  I will shamelessly eat huge pieces of it, even at parties.  It is delicious.  Maybe even better than chocolate.)

We also got to sample my brother's home brewed Pale Ale beer.  You know what?  It wasn't half bad!  It tasted like beer!  (I know, who would have thought?  A beer that tastes like beer...lol.)  I think it'll taste even better next weekend when it's aged a little bit longer.  Bravo Zac!  I can't wait to taste your Oatmeal Stout in a few weeks.

So that was my weekend in a nutshell.  How was your weekend?  Do anything interesting?  More importantly, what was your Superbowl menu like?

No comments:

Post a Comment