Monday, February 21, 2011

30 days of photos: Day 11

Day 11: A picture of your day

Kailua Beach Park

*This was taken on Saturday.  I know, I know.  I'm a few days behind.  Why that still surprises you I'll never know...lol.  Seriously, though, I was having trouble with my computer and getting the pictures to work.  That's my excuse for missing blog posts and I'm sticking to it!

We spent some time at Kailua beach watching the UH engineering students build sand castles.  Seeing as how it was the engineering department putting on the event I expected to see some killer sand castles, but surprisingly only one team built buildings.  I guess they were tired of only working with buildings.

Here are a few pictures of the sand sculptures that I thought were cool:
Chinese Lion
 
Elephant
Food of some sort I think.
iPhone complete with grasping hand.
Random picture of my husband laughing while I took yet another picture of him.  Love... :)
Pharaohs...I'm not really sure.  Some kind of ancient ruin.
Slumdog buildings or that's what their sign said.
Sumo laying down in the sand.  I really liked this one.  The sumo's toes were sticking out of the ground like he buried his feet, but the water was starting to wash them away by this time.  Totally cute idea guys!  The gyoza in the background were really cool too!
Sushi platter.
The world as a melting pot.  Very creative!

I can't wait to see what you all come up with next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment